Friday, November 12, 2010

For Young Parents...

...From an older parent, I guess...


The following is by Dianne Loomans:


If I had my child to raise all over again,

I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.


I would do less correcting and more connecting.


I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.


I would care to know less, and know to care more.


I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.


I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.


I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.


I'd do more hugging and less tugging.


I'd build self-esteem first, and the new house later.


I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.


I'd teach less about the love of power,


and more about the power of love.





1 comment:

  1. i am totally gonna get that framed!!!! very powerful words! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! Thank you!