Tuesday, September 20, 2011
100 Things About Moi
I copied and pasted this from my older blog - it is mostly still relevant and this will let newer readers get to know me and my craziness! Originally I did this in 2008. Asterisks by the ones that are completely new.
The 100 Things About Me is something a lot of bloggers do, so I thought I would too.
1. I am the oldest of three kids. I have a sister, Amy and a brother, Jason.
2. I have never broken a bone.
3. Before I had kids I was up late all the time. Now I am in bed by 10 at the latest - even on the weekends.
4. I have lived in eight states.
5. I moved too many times to count as a kid. My dad was in the Navy.
6. I lived in Italy for almost two years. My sister and I spoke A LOT of Italian. Years later I had to "forget" it to learn Spanish.
7. My favorite color is red. I absolutely love it and have waaaay to many red tops, t-shirts, etc.
8. I don't know how people live without TiVo, DVR, etc. It is a MUST, especially now that I am home most nights with my kids asleep in their beds. It's a different kind of fun.
*9. Every night I pray for my girls and their future husbands. The world is a scary place.
*10. I have a photographic memory. I could never access it in school but it really helps if I forget my grocery list at home. 98% of the time I remember everything.
11. I am a heavy sleeper. A bomb going off would not wake me.
12. I love Coca- Cola. A good coke over ice is the best! (I don't have these as much anymore but I still love them!)
13. I hate to grocery shop - with or without kids. But if I must, I prefer without the kids.
14. I love playing card games and board games but rarely get to play.
15. I love photography and all things related. I have two very nice cameras and I could not imagine my life without them! I take pictures every day (and if you come here often, you know it to be true!)
16. I LOVE to shop.
17. I love to fix my girls' hair.
18. I love getting packages in the mail.
19. I hate to get bills in the mail - or - GASP nothing!
20. I have to have a ceiling fan on at night to sleep no matter the time of year.
21. I am almost 5 foot 4 inches tall.
22. I hate laundry, but more than that I hate to fold it and put it away.
23. I can do more with my feet and toes than any person should be able to. My girls are learning by watching me!
24. I do not like to ski. I hate to feel out of control.
25. I have had a few surgeries (laparoscopy) and HSG Hysteroscopy because of endometriosis. This was back before I got married.
26. I love surprises. My favorite one is Sleeping Beauty.
27. I am a very forgiving person.
28. I am a Christian.
29. I love to sing. But dance? Not so much.
30. Weird things happen to me. If there is a one in a 1,000 chance - it'll happen to me. I promise you that.
31. More times than not I get sick or start getting sick Friday night when there is no hope of getting to a doctor until Monday. My kids seem to take after me on this one.
32. I got married just after I turned 25.
33. Tim and I got engaged on June 23, 2002 and were married exactly five months later on November 23, 2002.
34. I don't really like to cook but I do it at breakfast, lunch and at dinner almost every night.
35. I married my high school sweetheart.
36. I still get like little kid at Christmas - even more so now that I have the girls to watch.
37. My parents are still married and have been for almost 35 years.
38. Both my sets of grandparents celebrated at least 50 years of marriage.
39. I met Tim when I was 15. I knew by 17 I'd marry him one day.
40. After high school I moved back East with my family, leaving Tim in Washington. My heart broke.
41. In 1999, he came to visit, we got back together and he moved here in April 2000. The rest is history as they say!
42. I can't whistle. (Still can't).
43. I can't roll my tongue. (Still can't do this.)
44. I have not eaten beef or pork since I was 14. Going through Texas on an across the country move and seeing all the cows - I couldn't bear the thought of it anymore.
45. For a time I didn't eat chicken or turkey either but things got bad and I had to have some protein - at my mom's insisting.
46. I am still not much of a meat lover.
47. I love Twizzlers and have been known to eat a whole bag in one sitting.
48. I love potty humor. Childish and immature? So what - it makes me laugh. You know you laugh too!
49. I love pickles. Until we were married, Tim had NO IDEA of all the different kinds to have. We always have at least five kinds in the fridge.
50. The thought that people hunt for fun and sport makes me feel ill.
51. My fingernails and toenails are always painted and they always match. Even in the Winter. And they are usually some shade of red. (Nails not so much anymore but always toenails. Even in the winter.)
52. Cinderella was five months old the first time I painted her toenails. I can't believe it took me so long.
53. I got pregnant with Cinderella after over a year and a half of heartache and infertility. The month we decided to give up and save some money for IVF, because the Clomid was not working, I got pregnant.
54. Later, Sleeping Beauty just kind of happened. We joke that she "willed herself into existence." Now we can't imagine our lives without her.
55. I have gone pier jumping in WA state. COLD water!
56. I hate pantyhose, nylons, whatever you want to call them. I hate them!
57. I love talking to people.
58. I love making new friends.
59. People tell me things I wouldn't dream of sharing with another person.
60. Cinderella had a twin that did not make it. I lost him or her (I feel it was a he) at about nine weeks.
61. You wouldn't believe how it hurt even though the baby wasn't fully formed when it died.
62. I talk in my sleep. I have been known to sleep walk as a child and don't think I have done it as an adult.
63. I can spot a typo or a misspelled word a mile away. The use of "your" for the contraction "you are" (you're) drives me batty and has been known to make my eye twitch!
64. I love Mexican food even though more times than not I feel sick after I eat it.
65. I don't know how many purses I have! It's a sickness! I name them and talk about them like they are my friends.
66. My first boyfriend was a boy named Todd in Kindergarten. He wanted to be a garbage man when he grew up and I was proud of him.
67. Math is not my forte. Not at all.
68. Sometimes things I dream about come true.
69. I almost drowned at the age of five. An older third cousin saved my life. I am forever grateful to him.
70. I have been to most of the states but not too many of the Northeastern states.
71. I have always wanted to go to New York City.
72. I dislike most sports. Watching and especially playing.
73. I'm allergic to blueberries - though only when not cooked.
74. I believe in God.
75. I have never been drunk and don't ever plan to be.
76. I have never smoked or done drugs.
77. I love music. LOVE it. I always have something playing in my head. When I was a kid I couldn't figure out where the music was coming from!
78. I have never lived by myself. I went from my family to college to my family to Tim's apartment. We now own our first (and if Tim has anything to say about it, our last) home.
79. I don't have any tattoos and don't plan on getting one.
80. When I was pregnant with Cinderella I had pre-eclampsia. It was scary and I was on bed rest and very, very swollen. Can you say cankles?? After having her, my blood pressure was dangerously high and I had to be kept a little longer and monitored. I had "morning, noon and night" sickness with Sleeping Beauty and had placental abruption with her. Google it. Scary!! Thankfully I did not know how scary it could have been for me and Sleeping Beauty until later.
81. It was all worth it.
82. The first funeral I ever went to was for my paternal grandfather. A terrible way to start.
83. I have a photographic memory but I can't figure out how to use it for good. The only way it comes in handy is if I forget my grocery shopping list.
84. I love "Christmas Vacation" and Cousin Eddie in that movie. I wish I could "Un-see it" and see it for the first time.
85. My mom and sister are two of my best friends.
86. I graduated from high school in 1996, weighing in at 96 pounds. Ah, those were the days.
87. I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe. (Size 7 now after two kids.)
88. I went to Jamaica on my honeymoon.
89. My favorite song is "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House.
90. I love Journey. With Steve Perry.
91. I remember my sister being potty trained. It was the nightmare I remembered it to be when I potty trained Cinderella. Sleeping Beauty trained herself. I will be forever grateful to her.
92. My brother and I are almost nine years apart in age. I remember changing him and feeding him. He was like our very own real live doll.
93. I have trouble throwing things away because I’m think I’m going to regret it later. I have stuff in my house (and my parents' house) that I never touch or think about.
94. I am very conservative in my morals and political views.
95. My family means the world to me. I was raised that way and my girls will be too.
96. More than anything, I hate roaches. I just can't even explain my disdain for them.
97. I can do some things with both my left and right hand.
98. I get crushes on famous people and most of the time they are not that good looking. And they are older. Case in point? Nicolas Cage. I don't get it either. Tim makes fun of me.
99. Colin Farrell with a shave and shower too...Though that makes more sense than the previous one...
100. There's still a lot I have yet to share.
Please feel free to leave a comment and share something about yourself!