Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Love/Hate Relationship

Summer and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love that it is warm and we can come and go as we please without the constraints of the school year schedule. It is cheaper to dress my kids in the summer: no tights, no layers, no socks and around the house and yard: no shoes.   I do well and keep the kids happy and busy for the most part, especially in the beginning of the summer.  We do story time or activities (free!) at the library, go to the beach, the pool, shopping, out to lunch and playing in the backyard.  We play games, watch movies at home and do arts and crafts.  We have play dates and go see movies for a dollar at the movie theater.  Sometimes even just a run to Target is enough to keep us happy.  But after the middle of July, the heat is overbearing and I am depleted of all my money, energy and will to live.  The kids seem to be fighting or talking non stop.  We have all had a belly full of one another.  I am at the end of my rope and every day leaves me feeling less in touch with what little sanity I had to begin with.  I would continue but the constant screeching, yelling and interrupting is making me get a major headache...Two weeks from tomorrow till back to school...I love my kids, but thank God! 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! My kids don't get to go back to school :) - :( ...but I still get soooooo tired of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! Thank you!