Monday, April 1, 2013

The Post In Which You See the Real Me and Possibly Lose Respect for Me

I hate cleaning.  I am the polar opposite of my loves-to-clean sister.

I hate cooking.  I am the polar opposite of my brother the chef.

I hate doing laundry and folding and putting away clothes.

HATE IT.

I don't let me girls use the word "hate" and yet that is the only word I can use to accurately describe how I feel about such chores.

I rarely make our bed properly.  It's a good day if I pull the sheets and blankets up over the pillows.

I know I am a terrible housekeeper and cook.  I can see and I can taste.

I constantly feel like I am in a sinking boat with only a thimble to get the extra water out.  I am sinking faster than I can get myself out.  The housework and house responsibilities are always piling up no matter how much I try to keep up.

The good news is I rarely hear about my lack of skills from my family.  We do joke about my cooking sometimes but they know I do the best I can.  Some days I am just in survival mode.

I wrote all of this after doing laundry and cleaning most of the day.  I feel accomplished but also know that come tomorrow, with Spring Break in full swing, it will look like I did nothing of the sort.

Here's to all the moms (and dads) out there who are sinking in their boats with me, with only a thimble to use to bail yourself out.

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! Thank you!