Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SiStErS


 A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.  ~Marion C. Garretty
 A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.  ~Toni Morrison

 Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.  ~Author Unknown
A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. - Elizabeth Fishel


How do people make it through life without a sister?  ~Sara Corpening


Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship.  They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.  ~Erica E. Goode, "The Secret World of Siblings," U.S. News & World Report, 10 January 1994



I know some sisters who only see each other on Mother's Day and some who will never speak again.  But most are like my sister and me... linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best.  ~Patricia Volk


To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time.  ~Clara Ortega



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It's so funny because just today I was thinking about my sisters and feeling the same way. Thanks for the nice post and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my sisters, I have 3. They are truly a gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought! Thank you!